Perma-Chink #212 Light Grey Paint, 3.78 L
- Branch: Calgary, Edmonton
- Brand: Perma-Chink
- Colour: Light Grey
Perma-Chink Log Home Sealant is a flexible, textured chinking that seals the open gaps between logs to eliminate heat loss and air infiltration. Even though it looks and feels like traditional mortar, it's not. Perma-Chink is a pure acrylic that adheres to logs and stretches to maintain a tight seal by following log movement. Perma-Chink is easy to apply and comes backed by the support of our knowledgeable, friendly staff. Learn more about Perma-Chink."
- PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- HOW TO APPLY
- Easy to apply
- Eliminates Air and Water Infiltration
- For Exterior and Interior
- Suitable for all Climates
- Remains Flexible to Allow for Log Movement
1. INSPECTION- If applying to an older home, check for signs of rot and decay. Remove and replace or repair deteriorated wood. 2. SURFACE PREPARATION - All surfaces should be clean, dry and free from oil, dirt or other foreign matter. Use appropriate materials to clean and prepare surfaces. We strongly recommend the use of any LIFELINE™ brand exterior stain and topcoat. If an oil-based stain has been applied, allow it to dry at least two weeks before applying Perma-Chink Log Home Sealant. 3. BACKING MATERIALS - Perma-Chink Log Home Sealant should only be applied over approved substrates. When selecting the width of Grip Strip to use on round logs, the joint width should be the approximately 1/6 the diameter of the logs (10” diameter logs; 10” ÷ 6 = 1.67”). 4. APPLICATION - Do not apply in direct sunlight or when the temperature is less than 40° F. Perma-Chink Log Home Sealant may be applied with a bulk loading caulk gun, grout bag or high volume chink pump. Hold the applicator tip firmly against the back surface and apply. If several beads of chinking are required to fill a gap, place them close together to avoid entrapped air. Apply enough sealant to maintain a wet thickness of at least 5/16” and no more than ½” across the entire joint after tooling. Only apply as much sealant as you can tool in about 15 minutes. Once the joint is filled, spray with a light mist of water and tool smooth with a trowel or spatula. If the width of the trowel is close to the width of the joint, the smoothing process will be easier. Make sure there is good contact between the Perma-Chink and the exposed edges of the top and bottom logs. If you are a first time applicator, start work on a less visible area until you become familiar with the process. 5. DRYING AND CURING TIME - Protect freshly applied Perma-Chink from direct rainfall for a minimum of 24 hours. When draping a wall with plastic film, allow some airspace between the wall and the plastic to facilitate drying. Sheets of cardboard may also be use to cover newly applied Perma-Chink to prevent “chinking inspectors” from leaving finger dents in the uncured chinking. Drying time and curing time are two entirely different terms. In warm or hot weather, Perma-Chink will begin to skin over in as little as ten minutes while a complete cure may take three to four weeks. Cooler weather will slow both the drying time and curing process.