Sikaswell® S2 600LM Sausage
$50.37 / SAUSAGE
SikaSwell S-2 is a specially formulated, high-performance, swellable, one-component, polyurethane-based waterstop for use in all kinds of construction joints. Swelling rubber creates a compression seal within the joint, blocking the passage of water.
Where to Use:
Where to Use:
- Designed for construction joints in new watertight concrete structures
- Excellent for sealing pipe penetrations through walls and floor slabs
- Excellent for sealing joints between precast elements
- May be applied to horizontal, vertical and overhead surfaces
- Ideal for watertight construction joints between new and existing concrete
- PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
- HOW TO APPLY
• Swells up to 100% in potable water, slightly less in salt water and wastewater • Permanently water resistant, with no leaching and does not dissolve in water • Capable of sealing construction joints with head pressures of up to 50 psi (115 ft. head) • Elastic-withstands wet/dry cycling • Easy, simple application • Adaptable in the field to suit job requirements • No nails, glue, or hooks required • Controlled expansion eliminates cracking in fresh concrete • Offers resistance to various chemicals • Thixotropic properties allow SikaSwell S-2 to seal irregular joint surfaces • Very economical • Saves labor by eliminating inverted keyways, split forming, heat splicing, special fittings and tieing to rebar associated with conventional PVC waterstops • No mixing required • Allows more thorough vibration of concrete at joint, resulting in better concrete consolidation which aids in achieving a watertight joint
Recommended application temperatures: 50°-90°F. Extrude material using Sika MK-5 bulk caulking gun or other approved bulk gun. Cut the nozzle to obtain a triangular extrusion section with a size fulfilling effective needs (or use nozzle included in carton of SikaSwell S-2). Apply a uniform, continuous bead to the hardened concrete. Wait for approximately 2 hours after placement of the SikaSwell S-2 before placing concrete. The minimum thickness of concrete around the SikaSwell S-2 should be 4 inches on each side (reinforced concrete) or 6 in. on each side (non-reinforced concrete) and 4 inches on top. For optimum application, store at 70°F for a minimum of 8 hours prior to use; if the material appears stiff, knead the sausage for a short time before placing in bulk gun.
Clean all surfaces. Substrate must be clean, sound, free of loose particles, dust, laitance, oils, and other contaminants. Surface may be dry or damp, with no presence of standing water. Do not leave the product in contact with wet concrete, or on a surface with a very high moisture content, for a long period of time, before casting new concrete. These conditions will decrease the adhesion between the SikaSwell S-2 bead and the surface of the joint.