- Featured Products
- Profile Products
Profile Products produces purpose-driven products that meet the specific needs of a range of industries, including sports fields, golf courses, mining, oil and gas reclamation, landfills, commercial/residential construction and DOT/highway projects. Profile Products offers the industry’s broadest line of erosion and sediment control products, turf establishment products and complementary accessories to control erosion and accelerate seed germination. They also manufacture the industry’s best-selling inorganic soil amendments.
A proven approach to successful projects
Establishing sustainable vegetation and receiving the earliest possible Notice of Termination (NOT) are the goals of every project. Profile’s 5 Fundamentals™ are the surest way to get you there. Integrating them into a process that entails proper planning and execution takes the guesswork out of crucial decisions.
1. Assessing and Creating Optimal Soil Conditions
Soil testing provides essential information to determine what adjustments, if any, need to be made to assure a more favorable growing environment for faster, more complete vegetative growth and sustainable establishment.
2. Picking the Right Plant Species
It is essential to select plant species that are adapted to project locations, site conditions, intended use, project seasonality and maintenance requirements.
3. Selecting the Correct Erosion Control Material
The right cover is necessary to protect both seed and soil, taking into account the erosion control product’s effectiveness, ability to facilitate growth and the functional longevity required for that protection.
4. Ensuring Proper Installation
Installing these products in accordance with the manufacturer’s mixing and application guidelines will maximize their performance to meet project requirements.
5. Follow-up Inspections and Maintenance Practices
Continually monitoring how projects are progressing is the best way to make sure all site requirements and compliance issues are being addressed. Maintenance may be required to mitigate unexpected challenges.
Healthy soil is the necessary infrastructure to support and nurture vegetation. Once vegetation is established, it then grows and flourishes through nutrient cycling—the movement and exchange of organic and inorganic matter back into the production of living matter. Once you understand your soil, you can work toward building the proper soil composition and profile to promote nutrient cycling.
PROFILE HIGH PERFORMANCE MULCH
All hydraulic mulches are not created equal. Performance criteria such as functional longevity, erosion protection effectiveness, water holding capacity and vegetation establishment all vary as you move across the spectrum of products. In order to simplify product selection, we rank products using a tiered approach of Good, Better and Best.
• Good Category Mulches are suitable for revegetative seeding on relatively flat surfaces, where vegetation establishment is expected within 3-6 months and soil erosion risk is not critical
• Better Category Mulches are higher performing solutions, designed for steeper slopes and environments where erosion protection is required and/or vegetation establishment may take up to 12 months.
• Best Category Mulches are the industries highest performing mulches, for use on slopes steeper than 1:1, where soil erosion risk is high, and where nearly 100% erosion control effectiveness is desired for durations exceeding 18 months.
Generally speaking, as you move up each tier in performance, each of the products offered offer measurably better performance characteristics in every attribute.
Suitable for hydraulic seeding in applications where erosion risk is low and vegetation establishment is expected quickly.
HYDROSTRAW HE PLUS FORMULATION
HydroStraw HE Plus is designed to provide extra protection on difficult sites where slopes, soil conditions or weather call for extra erosion protection ability. HydroStraw’s manufacturing process utilizes pressure and heat to break down the straw into a more fibrous material with greater surface area. This results in greater soil coverage, higher water retention and increased productivity, which lowers project costs. It also includes a high-strength polymer binder to ensure smooth hydro seeder operation.
- Fiber with tackifier to thermally refined straw fiber with tackifier
- Contains 4% Guar (80lbs per 2000/lbs of Mulch)
- Load More Spray More – Use Less Water
Contains 100% of the highest quality recycled wood fibers that have been Thermally Refined®.
- Delivers up to 50% more water-holding capacity and germination than atmospherically refined wood mulches
Profile® Wood with Tackifier
100% recycled wood fibers and tackifier provide increased binding capabilities.
- Tackifier is a three-dimensional blend of polymers and polysaccharides which enhance the chemical bond within the mulch matrix for better erosion control
HYDROSTRAW HE BONDED FIBER MATRIX
HydroStraw HE Bonded Fiber Matrix is designed to be more cost effective than blankets and cost less to apply per acre than conventional BFM mulches on difficult sites, slopes, and adverse soil conditions where extra erosion prevention is needed. The product includes long natural fibers for maximum matrix entanglement for improved performance. The combination of fiber entanglement in conjunction with our cross linked high-strength polymer binders produce great erosion prevention and vegetation establishment.
- Costs Less to apply Per Acre than Conventional BFM Mulches
- Long Natural Fibers for Maximum Matrix Entanglement
- (V.E.M.) Vegetation Establishment Mulch
- Contains 10% Proprietary Formulated Soil Binding Agents
- Contains 12% Natural Fibers for Matrix Entanglement
- Load More Spray More – Use Less Water
ProMatrix™ Engineered Fiber Matrix™ (EFM™) delivers superior erosion control and vegetative establishment you’ve come to expect from EcoSolutions. It’s available at a competitive price to give you an edge when bidding on jobs requiring Bonded Fiber Matrix (BFM)/Stabilized Mulch Matrix (SMM) hydraulic mulch products. ProMatrix EFM will change your world.
ProMatrix Engineered Fiber Matrix Technology Delivers:
• Highest-loading formulation with BFM performance
• Meets or exceeds all industry standards for BFM/SMM products
• Functional longevity for up to 12 months
• Quick germination and rapid vegetative establishment
• Environmentally safe
Flexterra® High Performance-Flexible Growth Medium™ (HP-FGM™) provides superior erosion control immediately upon application and enhances seed germination. This technologically advanced matrix retains more than 99% of soil to reduce turbidity of runoff for up to 18 months. It also delivers 800% better initial germination.
Flexterra® HP combines both chemical and mechanical bonding techniques to lock the engineered medium in place and promote accelerated germination with minimal soil loss.
100% safe for aquatic and terrestrial life forms, Flexterra® HP has no nets or threads to endanger wildlife. It uses 100% biodegradable crimped interlocking fibers and 100% recycled and phyto-sanitized wood fibers. Earth-friendly and sustainable, it is a result of Profile’s Green Design Engineering™ — cost-effective and environmentally superior solutions through the design, manufacture and application of sustainable erosion control and vegetation establishment technologies.
BIOTIC SOIL MEDIA
An engineered topsoil replacement or enhancement solution, to assist in vegetation establishment on substrates that are deficient in organic material.
If failure isn’t an option, ProGanics™ Biotic Soil Media™ (BSM™) is your solution. All too many erosion control and revegetation projects fail due to depleted soils with low levels of organic matter, nutrients and biological activity. Trucking in supplemental topsoil or compost is one solution, but a very time-consuming, costly and unreliable one. ProGanics Biotic Soil Media (BSM) is just the opposite.
Hydraulically applied for fast application, even on difficult to access sites, this Engineered Soil Media (ESM) is proven to help soils reach their full potential to support sustainable vegetation—and help you close out jobs more quickly. ProGanics contains all the key elements of healthy topsoil for “life insurance” on even the most deficient sites. Unless you are certain the soil on your project site contains the elements necessary to sustain plant growth, you can’t afford not to use ProGanics.
Biotic Soil Media plus erosion control in one application. Save time and tank loads while increasing job-site productivity with ProGanics® DUAL™. In one hydraulic application you get the proven soil-building benefits of ProGanics® Biotic Soil Media™ plus the best erosion control effectiveness among all combination products. Get in, get it done and move on with ProGanics DUAL.
- Increased productivity by reducing time and tankloads required for projects
- High loading (75 pounds to 100 gallons of water)
- Costs less than the combined installed cost of Biotic Soil Media (BSM) and Bonded Fiber Matrix (BFM) products
- Replaces costly compost and topsoil, while also preventing erosion with a single application
- Helps close-out projects more quickly
- Simplifies project logistics by reducing the need to transport multiple products to the jobsite
The patented ingredients of ProGanics ignite the nutrient cycling necessary to improve soil health for sustainable vegetation establishment while the erosion control protection of a BFM effectively locks down seed and soil. ProGanics DUAL is a Biotic Erosion Control Matrix (BECM) that is ideal for:
- Time-sensitive, large projects with depleted soils and slopes ≤ 2H:1V
- Remote or difficult-to-access sites
- Complicated jobs where efficiency is paramount to turning a profit
For more information about Profile Products, please contact a geosynthetic sales representative in one of the following regions: